Free Prayer Guide to Celebrate National Day of Prayer
In response to the National Day of Prayer in the United States that was on May 4th, 2017, I’d like to share a helpful prayer tool.1 The free prayer guide below can serve many purposes. For fellow pastors, ministry teams, and small group leaders, this 101 Prayer Requests for the Spiritual Health of Others guide is great for groups. Or, for anyone looking for ideas on how to pray for others or pray at all, this tool is meant for you as well. I have included instructions below.
Free Prayer Guide: Spiritual Health Prayer List Instructions
Anyone looking for spiritual health prayer ideas can utilize the requests below for people in their lives. Of course, these requests can also be used for prayers about your own personal growth and spiritual life as well. If you’re new to praying, may these topics be inspiring as you open your heart to the Lord.
In a Group Setting:
Have enough copies for the entire group. Everyone should read the list and select three to five requests they would like others to pray for them. Each member of the group should initial three to five requests on every packet (the group can pass them around so everyone can initial each packet). Every member of the group should take a packet home so that all members will pray for each other during the week.
- Donald Trump, “President Donald J. Trump Proclaims May 4, 2017, as a National Day of Prayer,” The White House, May 04, 2017, accessed May 04, 2017, https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/05/04/president-donald-j-trump-proclaims-may-4-2017-national-day-prayer.
Get More Ministry Materials & Blog Posts from Glenn:
If you’re a church leader, pastor, or the leader of a non-profit organization, are you looking for leadership training or team development help? Thanks to the backing of a generous foundation, LifeEquip is able to offer leadership and organizational training at highly reduced rates to meet the needs of smaller organizations. Some LifeEquip services include pastoral coaching, OLA, Everything DiSC, The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team, and Lead Like Jesus.
- Adjunct Professor of Theology and Leadership
- Certified as a Human Behavior Consultant
- Authorized Wiley Everything DiSC© Partner
- Organizational Leadership Assessment (OLA) Partner
- Certified Facilitator of Ken Blanchard’s Lead Like Jesus Encounter Groups
- Certified Facilitator of CPP Personality, Career, and Organizational Development Assessments
- International Speaker and Trainer
RECENT POSTS & RESOURCES
Connect, Lead, Equip: Community Outreach Support: How to be Optimistic - In Good to Great, Jim Collins wrote about Vietnam War prisoner, Admiral Jim Stockdale, who was tortured over 20 times during his eight-year captivity in the prisoner-of-war camp and had no guarantee as to whether he would survive.
Connect, Lead, Equip: The Advantage (a Top Recommended & Important Book for Organizational Growth) - A healthy organization is one that can operate effectively, adapt adequately, change appropriately, and grow from within.
Connect, Lead, Equip: Ministry Resources for Planning - Planning is vital in our personal lives, work lives, and ministries...